Email Setup with Outlook Express
- In Outlook Express, go to Tools, and select Accounts. A new window will pop up.
Click on Add, and select Mail.
- You will be asked to enter a Display Name. In this box type the name that you would like others
to see when you send mail. Usually this is your name, as you would sign it on a check, a nickname, or
business name. After you have entered the display name click Next. Note: You may use capital
letters in the display name.
- Next you will need to enter your email address. Type your Valley Internet address
(e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Next.
- At the top of the next window you will see a line that reads: My incoming mail server is a POP3
server. If it does not say POP3, click the down arrow beside the blank, and choose POP3.
The incoming and outgoing mail servers should, by default, be set to mail.vallnet.com. If it does not
say this, type mail.vallnet.com in both the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server. Click Next.
- In the blank that says Account Name: type in the account name we gave you
(usually the part of your email address that comes before @vallnet.com). In the
Password: blank, type your password (all lower case with no spaces). Make sure to check
Save Password if you do not want to type your password each time you check your mail. DO
NOT put a check next to Log on using secure password authentication. Click Next.
- Congratulations, you have finished setting up your email account. Click Finish. You will be back at
the accounts administration window. Click Close.